Bananas, one of the cheapest types of produce available in the US, are known for being high in fiber and potassium, and outside of nutrition, have several other uses and benefits:
1. Increases serotonin levels, helping you overcome mild depression.
2. One banana a day can decrease muscle cramping.
3. The perfect pre-workout snack, two bananas can increase stamina and let you work out harder for longer.
4. Naturally rich in B-6, bananas can strengthen the nervous system and increase the production of white blood cells to help you maintain your health.
5. Bananas are a natural source of iron, making them ideal for women of childbearing age.
6. Proven to lower blood pressure due to their potassium content and low sodium levels.
7. Bananas can counteract calcium loss, keeping your bones healthy and strong.
8. One of the easiest ways to regulate blood sugar levels, bananas can also reduce PMS symptoms.
9. Naturally removes toxins and heavy metals from the body.
10. Helps your body to absorb the nutrients in other foods.
11. The high fiber content in bananas can help to normalize bowel movements.
12. This natural antacid can treat reflux, heartburn, and GERD.
13. Protects the stomach from corrosive acids, thus relieving and preventing stomach ulcers.
14. Rich in antioxidants, bananas can help to protect cells from free radicals.
15. After you eat your banana, rub the peel on a bug bite to relieve itching.
16. Polish your shoes with the banana peel by rubbing it against leather and then buffing with a clean cloth.
17. If you’re quitting smoking, bananas can reduce nicotine withdrawal symptoms due to the high levels of B-vitamins, potassium and magnesium.
18. Eating a banana can relieve morning sickness in pregnant women.
19. Bananas regulate body temperature, protecting you from heat sickness in the summer.
20. Eat a banana between meals to stabilize blood sugar and prevent binging.